After months of waiting, I have a new addition to my triathlon family: the Shiv 2015. It joins my other Specialized powerhouse, the 2011 Venge. I am beyond lucky to have this a-list Specialized duo, thanks to the help of Zane's.
Quick takes for the non-bike-enthusiast: I got a new bike. It's a Time Trial bike, meaning you race it solo, without drafting off of other people. TT bikes tend to be more aerodynamic, more aggressive, and therefore faster than road bikes, but with relatively fewer uses. It's very pretty, and very fast.
For bike enthusiasts, check out the gallery below to see the specs and upgrades on this very cool ride.
- Sexy, matte black carbon frame
- Full electronic shifting from two locations
- Full carbon clincher wheels, plus training wheels
- New Garmin speed and cadence sensors
- Internal water bladder, storage, and battery
Now for several months of torturous waiting before I can ride it outdoors!